1. cut it
大使馆职员：If you want someone who can really do something, you’re gonna have to wait for the consul. He gets in in the morning. I’m sorry.
Linc: That ain’t gonna cut it.
Cut it: 这里用在否定结构中，表示Be effective, prove satisfactory，等于cut the mustard, 意为符合要求，让人满意。
用在肯定结构里，cut it指stop，比如I won’t stand for that–cut it!
2. – With the canal, Panama is now a breeding ground for international crime.27 different nationalities we have here. But not one gang. Not one racially-motivated incident. Huh? It’s just, me. Egalitarianism I believe is the word. Huh? Did I get that right?
– Right as rain.
breeding ground指发源地，中心，原词并没有贬义。这里可以翻译成滋生地。有贬义的是hotbed 常指犯罪的温床。
right as rain 十分正确
3. – I got a lot of big guns behind me, Mr. Scofield, people you might like to have in your corner should you ever decide, say, to break out of here.
– Who are you?
– We can assist you in every possible way once you get past that wall. There’s a reason a guy like you, with your skill set, was put in here, you know.
– This conversation’s over.
– You ought to hear what I have to say, Scofield. We’re trying to do this the easy way.
big gun 指有影响力的重要人物。这句可以翻译成“我上头有人”^_^
the easy way 不是指容易 而是指来软招。来硬招叫the hard way。